The TUKAN bus controller card is one of the most important elements of the Nexo system. It enables the bridging of the communication between the main unit and the bus elements (operating modules, temperature sensors, manipulators).
TUKAN bus controller card
The main product characteristics:
- Integration of system bus with Nexo main unit
- Possibility to connect all system devices with just one cable in order to do savings on the cable infastructure.
- Galvanic isolation of the system bus cable
- This ensures an appropriate seperation of power supply, signals and noises, that could appear on the system bus cable.
- Possibility to connect up to 32 TUKAN devices
- With one bus cable you can connect up to 32 devices.
- If there is a need to connect more devices, you need to connect another TUKAN bus card.
- 24 VDC power supply
- The bus card requires, with regard to the galvanic isolation, a separate power supply, which is the main power supply (see accessories).
- Mounting on DIN rail (TH-35)
Supporting up to 128 devices in one system
The total number of the bus devices in a single Nexo system, such as manipulators, operating modules (e.g. lighting, relays, etc.) or temperature sensors, is 128. That is usually even enough for large investments.
Instantly fitting socket type – plug, the mounting on the DIN rail (TH-35) ensures a convenient and easy installation.
The loop-through connector interface for expansion cards ensures quick installation of multiple cards on a single rail.
Status LEDs indicate the operating parameters of the card.
The ventilation holes help to achieve adequate ventilation for the devices placed in the electrical switchboard.
The form of a star as connection structure of devices is the most universal and used in automation. However, in Nexo you are allowed to use any connection structure. The only exception is not to build up the form of a circle. Thanks to the huge flexibility, the functionality got increased.
The TUKAN bus, to which all bus devices are connected to, consists of only foure cables (two for communication A and B, two for the power supply). It does not matter which module you have, they all need the same connection. To improve the reliability, please use the DIN rails we provide, they ensure a proper functioning.
Your electrician will appreciate it!
To facilitate the mounting of the modules in the switchboard, each of them is equipped with appropriate connectors, enabling connection of the control cables outside the module, and then plugging the bunch into the appropriate socket. This way of work ensures connection quality and reliability of the module over years. Additional convenience brings the bus rail ensuring digital communication between the devices. Thanks to its use the launch is fast, and the connection of the communication lines is durable and reliable. The whole connection is also aesthetically pleasing and easy for every engineer.
EASY INSTALLATION AND PROGRAMMING
To program quickly standard functions, have a look on the Nexwell Academy. The academy is available via the Knowledge Base → Academy. This is an interactive online module illustrating system logic examples made by Nexwell engineers. These logics with instructions are available for every user of the Nexo system.
NXW497 – Karta Magistrali TUKAN